Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Ribs

So...I'm confused. I mentioned before about trolling through (yeah...I think I'm a troll, but I don't try to pick fights--people just say stuff that I don't agree with so I reply...but they out-number me, so I have to reply a lot) an anti-feminism Christian blog-thing.

Apparently there are some Christians who believe that women have one less pair of ribs than men? I admit, I'd never thought about this, so I had to take a quick trip to Wikipedia to find out for sure. I mean, I get that Christians will never believe scientists that the world is 4.5 Billion years old, but there are Christian doctors--wouldn't they know the truth? That's why I'm not embarrassed that for the 2 minutes it took  me to do that search I assumed that the Christians were right. I guess I'm inviting any Christians who may pass through to comment on why they think this idea still exists.

Or is it like "Columbus thought the world was flat"? It's just one of those urban myths that scholars just can't squash.

No comments: