Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Guilty Pleasures on POV

Oh My God, I've never laughed so much in my life. This is hilarious! I'll admit, I've started to like romance novels...but these aren't them! These are my mother's romances with the awkwardly named hero's (Dash?!?!) who are too perfectly muscled (okay...can't really hate that part) and who love the girl who doesn't have half a brain to stand on (yeah...I'm going to go with that mis-mash of sayings), and the naked couple on the cover. GAHH!!! Seriously, that English old man narrating at the beginning as he writes down the story (probably under some woman's name) is hilarious.
 
It's no wonder I'm reading the Dark Hunters series--when Ash is asked what he does while Artemis leaves him for hours on end in her bedroom he quips that he writes romance novels. Hmm...21 year old looking, 11,000 year old sex god (well...I'll leave you to think what you like about that one to not spoil the series for you) GOTH writing romance novels...yeah...not happening. Our real hero plays video games and referees for 8 year old basketball players while wrangling a bunch of whiny immortals all while not being able to get close to anyone. Where the girls stake vampires (and their husbands) and/or throw hammers at them.
 
Actually...it's the girls that mostly turns me off--the ones who HAVE to have the guy rescue them from their own depressing lives...really?!? If the premise of the story revolves around the girls inability to save herself it's really not worth the paper it's written on (situations where the girl is tied up by the badguy and therefore isn't physically able to rescue herself not included...unless it was her own ineptitude that got her into the situation in the first place).
 
 

Watch Guilty Pleasures - Trailer on PBS. See more from POV.

No comments: