Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Google AdWords

I got an interesting piece of mail today--it was a $100 credit from Google to use their "adwords" to advertise my business. What makes me happiest is that unlike all the other promotions I've met recently, I don't have to sign my credit card away to use it. I mean, I like to play games on pogo.com. Pogo links to some kind of money game site run by the Gameshow Network, I think. Anyway, you can earn points to use at their store without a credit card...BUT you can only redeem the points with your card. I don't like that. 'Course, I also don't like that pogo lets you earn tokens, but you can only use the tokens to buy stuff to clutter your avitar. It costs real money to buy the gems that let you really upgrade your games. It seems to me that by the time someone has earned, say, 1 million tokens, pogo has earned more than enough money in ad revenue to pay for the benefits of one gem ten times over (if not more).

As you can tell, I'm a big fan of allowing ad revenue to pay for free quality media products--televison, movies, games. I'm willing to sacrifice a bit of time watching ads to pay for my entertainment. But I'm annoyed by sites like pogo that offer you a worthless product (clothes for my avitar) when a valuable product could be easily traded. But it's not like I'm a heartless taker--I've been a member of pogo for like 2 years and still need 150,000 tokens to reach 1 million and I think 1 million tokens is a good price for a gem.
Anyway, since I don't have a business, I've made up a small add to maybe entice someone to visit this blog. If you're here because of Google, "Hi!". Welcome. I hope you stay awhile and feel free to comment.

Gosh, if I get very popular, I may have to make an effort to write something every day (that does seem to increase my viewership). I honestly have no idea how anyone comes to read my blog (well, there is that whole "audience" page on my dashboard, but it still doesn't explain what makes a person stop by. Hello Russia!!)

Anywho, if you are here and not sure why, check out my "labels" section--I try to label everything that I've written, so it's more than likely I've written something you'll find interesting.

P.S. Thank-you Google. Earlier I complained about how Amazon no longer easily links to books that I'm recommending (my shameless way to maybe make a buck, though 3 years of blogging has netted me an entire penny in adsense earnings :-)). Well, there's now a way...never mind. I just fiddled with it and they ain't selling books. I'm not going to push shoes or electronics, so guess that's a bust. Yo Google! Some people do read who hang out online! Get with the program!

No comments: