Sunday, April 22, 2012

More Favorite Quotes

(Since I can only post 200 characters of labels.)

"I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel."
--Maya Angelou

"Death should be a celebration. Like a birthday. I want to go up like a rocket when my time comes, and fall down in a cloud of stars, and hear everyone go: ahh!"
--Joanne Harris

"I not only use all the brains that I have, but all I can borrow."
--Woodrow Wilson

"I let out a battle cry. Sure, a lot of people might have mistaken it for a sudden yelp of unmanly fear, but trust me. It was a battle cry."
--Jim Butcher, My Big Fat Supernatural Wedding

"I don't want to live in a world where the strong rule and the weak cower. I'd rather make a place where things are a little quieter. Where trolls stay the hell under their bridges and where elves don't come swooping out to snatch children from the cradles. Where vampires respect the limits, and where the faeries mind their p's and q's. My name is Harry Blackstone Copperfield Dresden. Conjure by it at your own risk. When things get strange, when what goes bump in the night flicks on the lights, when no ne else can help you, give me a call, I'm in the book."
--Jim Butcher, Storm Front

"I think that men aught to treat women like something other than weaker men with breasts."
--Jim Butcher, Storm Front
[yes: we're definitely not weaker, and more importantly, we're smarter :-)]

"It came charging toward me, several hundred pounds of angry-looking monster, and I did the only thing any reasonable wizard could have done. I turned and ran like hell."
--Jim Butcher, Death Masks

"Hope is a force of nature. Don't let anyone tell you different."
--Jim Butcher, Changes

"Christ, Dresden! You almost got me killed!"
"Don't be a baby. You're fine."
Thomas frowned at me. "You at least could have told me!"
"I did tell you," I said. "I told you at Mac's that I'd give you a ride home, but that I had to run an errand first."
Thomas scowled. "An errand is getting a tank of gas or picking up a carton of milk or something. It is not getting chased by flying purple pyromaniac gorillas hurling incendiary poo."
--Jim Butcher, Blood Rites

No comments: