Saturday, June 23, 2012

Self-Reflection Time

Sigh...do you know how freaky it is to look at your hands and suddenly KNOW that they're tiny?!? I mean, 90% of the time I'm like, "oh look, hands. They can carry stuff." Occasionally I'll have to take three trips because I just physically can't carry 4 large green peppers, so it will register that my hands are small. What freaking freaks me out is when I'm sitting here reading a book and it mentions the "humongously large" hands of the 6'8" guy and I get the whole out of body experience of viewing my hand next to someone that large and wondering why my whole hand fits in their palm.

Yes, I had a friend in high school that tall (though he was skinny as a rail) and for the record, I'm 4' 10.5" in height. My hands ARE freakishly small, but, like the rest of me, proportionate to my frame. It's just every once in a while I just have these moments of "AHHHH! Whose hands are these?!?"

I've never met anyone over the age of 12 whose hands are smaller than mine, though, alas, I'd kill to be fairy thin. For some reason, those who know me also forget about my freakishly small size--I guess I carry myself as though I was someone 6'2", 250 lbs. 'Course, they never forget when they need an armrest....le' sigh.

No comments: