Friday, April 8, 2011

The Postal System

I love mail! Period. I don't get much junk mail personally, but I love to read my mom's catalogs. What I do get a lot of is real snail mail letters--I know that you're jealous. Anyway. As a person who gets something better than bills, I think I'm entitled to give my two cents on the postal system and how to make it better. I actually think that reducing service to three days a week would be wisest. They could cut their employees by half because they would still be working 6 days a week, but with 2 routes. Half the citizens would have mail deliveries Monday, Wednesday, and Friday; half would have deliveries on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday. The biggest worry I've heard is that citizens would be hurt because they would get an even shorter amount of time to pay bills (it would take longer to receive them if mailed on the same day). Well, companies have been short-changing billing due dates for as long as I can remember. I think that the government just needs to pass a law that says that bills are due a minimum of 30 days after the date that they are post marked. Period.

I just don't like it when postage prices increase. I think I've already posted her how I believe international first class mail should be exactly twice that of domestic first class mail for a 1 ounce letter.

No comments: