Monday, March 5, 2012

Real Housewives

I admit it, I enjoy watching the Real Housewives (all the various localities) make a fool of themselves in public. Right now I'm watching Atlanta and they're discussing the Africa Incedent (where supposedly one woman said that the white one wouldn't hold a black baby). What I'm laughing most about is how they're attacking one another in a most back-stabbing way and yet, all they really need to do is watch the footage that was shot and it's clear that everything was at the very least thrown completely out of proportion and at the very most, it's apparent that someone is purposely trying to start fights (I'm someone that hopes desperately that it's not on purpose). These ladies have the luxury of a camera available to settle all disputes since they can hear all that stuff that is normally just second hand information.

I think that episodes of the Real Housewives should be used in conflict mediation especially between women where talking behind another's back is the primary cause of conflict. An entire lesson can be taught where individuals learn to recognize what second hand information can start. In my perfect world the gossip spreader gets beat up, not the one who said something with, or without, malicious intent. 'Course, also in my perfect world, there isn't malicious intent because the primary speaker has balls enough to talk to the person in question if they have a problem, and the recipient of the comment has intelligence enough to listen and reply in a civilized manner.

And on that note, my dad came home from work last Friday and told me that he now knew what I meant about teachers at school refusing to break up a girl fight. When Norfolk Public Schools got in trouble last fall for what a lot of people thought was excessive use of pepper spray, I told him about how violent girl fights are and not just to the girls involved--they will rip out the hair of anyone who tries to intervene--pepper spray is sometimes the only way to break up the fights (and when it's a "food fight" involving chairs, the spray is even more necessary). But anyway, my dad had never seen a chick fight before he was stopped at a red light in front of one of the projects--he now knows exactly what I was talking about. Some girls just don't have class, and yet, using their propensity to jump down another's throat and fight like animals as evidence doesn't work for some reason....

No comments: