Wednesday, March 30, 2011

The Notebook

Made me cry--like tears not stopping cry. I know the reason for it--my great-grandmother had alzheimers and my grandma told me what it was like to go visit her and not be recognized. It must be 1000X worse when it's your spouse. I also include my whole track record with guys where, well, I haven't been noticed like that. So maybe I'm also afraid that I'll never have someone to grow old with--and I'm only 22. Please feel free to make jokes about a Jane Austen book where 20 is "nearly an old maid". Anywho...yeah. Great film if you're okay with crying and stuff like that.

P.S. If you didn't know, both James Gardner and Gena Rowlands (they play the older versions of the main characters)are/were married only once and for life. Gardner married his sweetheart after only knowing her 2 weeks. Wow.


No comments: