Wednesday, March 30, 2011

The Mao Case by Qiu Xiaolong

I'm currently reading this book by Qiu Xiaolong. It's most likely banned in China because of the bad light it puts on Mao.

It's one of a few books (I'm not sure how many exactly) in the "Inspector Chen Novel" series. I heard from someone in my class that this author is popular in China, just that this book is most likely banned--I feel sorry for those waiting for the next book in this series since they obviously won't be getting it.

The dedication tells a lot about this book: "For the people that suffered under Mao".

Other fiction books written by this author (which I plan to read eventually) are:
Death of the Red Heroine
A Loyal Character Dancer
When Red is Black
A Case of Two Cities
Red Mandarin Dress

Poetry Translations are:
Evoking Tang: An Anthology of Classical Chinese Poetry
100 Poems from Tang and Song Dynasties
Treasury of Chinese Love Poems

Original Poetry is:
Lines Around China

No comments: