Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Emily of New Moon by L.M. Montgomery

1st off...they made a tv show out of this?!?!? Seriously, that's news to me. But I can't give judgment about it without seeing it for myself, so let me know if it's any good.

I thought this book/series was rather good. It's about a young orphan girl who is raised by her strict aunts. Unfortunately, I didn't remember how sad the beginning of the book is when I decided to re-read it over the summer. But once I got past that part, I remembered that for the most part, just as with Anne of Green Gables, the story is primarily a happy one--or at least, not one of total sadness.

Great for girls who are growing up and changing, or anyone who needs a little more imagination in their life. In comparison to Anne of Green Gables, there is more imagination by the heroine, at least initially. Or at least that's my impression, especially with the 1st books.

No comments: