Saturday, July 7, 2012

Eureka is Wrong!!!

So, if you're a fan of the show Eureka, you'll know that they recently had a story arc where they went to Titan. Some of the episodes included elaborate experiments of what it would be like to work on Titan. Well, I'm watching and episode of The Universe and it says that the methane on Titan isn't highly flamable because of the the lack of oxygen.

Now, I do not know if this was an oversight or done on purpose. You see, in the episode that I'm thinking of (sorry, I can't tell you which one off the top of my head), they accidently started an explosion on fake Titan and they used the information they gained in the senario to win against the gas as it invaded the city. Even though the liquid shouldn't have been flamable in fake Titan, the gas that would have existed in "real" Eureka would have been highly flamable.

No comments: